This post is for all the developers and mathematicians out there that are curious to explore and visualize the bizarre properties of numbers. Although Maths plays an important role in today’s technology, many people likes to
abuse it for recreational purposes. Part of the appeal of Recreational Maths lies in the challenge to discover something new. Despite what many believe, finding mathematical patterns is very easy; it’s discovering something useful that is incredibly challenging. If you’re up for such a challenge, this tutorial will teach you how to use Python to calculate some of the most infamous numerical sequences.
- Part 0. Unlimited precision
- Part 1. Working with digits (Narcissistic numbers, Kaprekar numbers)
- Part 2. Working with sequences (Happy numbers)
- Part 3. Visualising graphs (Melancoil loop)
- Part 4. Parallel computation