This online course provides a theoretical and practical guide to the use of face-swap technology. In the past few months, deep neural networks have been wildly used to digital insert actor Nicolas Cage into several movie scenes. These so-called deepfakes have generated a lot of discussion on the ethics of Machine Learning. This second lesson will focus on the potential applications that face-swap technology can offer, and on how to use it properly.
If you are interested in understanding not only how deekfakes are generated, but also to create your own, this is the tutorial you have been looking for. And if you have been using face-swap technology already, I hope this first post will help you become more aware of why and how this technology should (and shouldn’t) be used.
You can read all the posts in this series here:
- Part 1. An Introduction to DeepFakes and Face-Swap Technology
- Part 2. The Ethics of Deepfakes
- Part 3. How To Install FakeApp
- Part 4. A Practical Tutorial for FakeApp
- Part 5. An Introduction to Neural Networks and Autoencoders
- Part 6. Understanding the Technology Behind DeepFakes
- Part 7. How To Create The Perfect DeepFakes